Applications Due By: 5/15
Apprentice to Start: 6/1, or ASAP
Bright Bright Great is looking to give a young designer (with incredible love of design, pushing creative boundaries and the beginnings of a stellar portfolio) their first shot at working with an amazing team of designers, developers and artists on client work and passion projects.
This is a unique apprenticeship that will have daily responsibilities for Bright Bright Great, and our type foundry Avondale Type Co. (including assisting on coordinating ATC Artist Series III and possibly designing you own typeface.)
This is a 6 month paid Apprenticeship in our Chicago office with evaluation for hire/extension.
You are passionate about design, including digital (UX and apps).
- You are passionate about typography and have interest in learning Glyphs to create custom fonts.
- You are detail oriented and feel comfortable sending business related emails.
- You know where to look to be inspired.
- You are interested in continuing to push your skills forward.
- You are interested in working with a small shop in the design/type space where every member pulls their own weight and is relied upon daily.
- You are up for the challenge of being utilized on complex and interesting problems every day.
Personality Traits That Are Important To Us:
- Clear Communicator
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
BBG is a small, enthusiastic team of incredibly talented individuals located in Chicago, IL & Las Vegas, NV.
BBG has a focus on UI, Art Direction, Branding and Typography. Having digital in your portfolio is important to us (social media, websites, mobile design, app design.) Our balance of digital to print is probably 80/20.
BBG also runs Avondale Type Co., our internal custom type foundry, and MLMTR, a photography studio.
We love what we do, period. We’re looking for new people with the same passion to make amazing things with us.
Wonder what it’s like to work at BBG?
Apprenticeship Recap – Maayan Brown
Apprenticeship Recap – Quan Ika Vu
Apprenticeship Recap – Dayan D’Aniello
Apprenticeship Recap – Margaux Delapierre
How To Apply:
To apply, please send a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com Attention Jason Schwartz. Please note in the subject line that you are applying to the BBG/ATC 2017 Apprenticeship.
We will only respond to those who we are interested in pursuing the conversation with.
* BBG is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
** NO RECRUITERS