Bright Bright Great is hiring a designer to join our team in Chicago. We love what we do, period. We’re looking for a designer with the same passion to join our team and make amazing things.
Posted July 6, 2017
We’re a small Chicago-based team of designers, developers, and strategists. We work with a wide range of clients from startups and longstanding businesses, to large tech companies across all industries. We also run Avondale Type Company, our type foundry, and Mlmtr, our photo and video house.
BBG is focused on brand strategy including user-experience, art direction, user interfaces, branding, and typography. Having digital work in your portfolio is important to us– our balance of digital to print is 70/30.
We’re interested in hiring well-rounded people who are curious about learning new things and contributing to our culture in unexpected ways. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
- Contribute to all parts of the design process, from ideation and art direction to production design and development hand-off
- Develop branding and voice for existing and new entities
- Design digital experiences while considering the technological and physical constraints of the user
- Develop user experiences and interactions for digital product
- Create and implement unique visual language systems for client projects
- Create sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes
- Communicate with clients and incorporate their perspective while educating them on the design process
- Review data from digital products (websites, email, applications) and make suggestions on improving the user experience and conversion rates
- You’re optimistic, friendly, and organized
- You’re incredibly process-driven and detail-oriented
- You understand the principles of good design, current trends and are aware of the best design and branding inspiration from around the world
- You are passionate about designing stunning, usable experiences for screens, innovative layouts for print, and robust brand guidelines
- You have illustration chops and are able to create illustrations, icons and convey information in a beautiful manner
- You understand social media and can create engaging snippets for brand marketing
- You feel comfortable communicating with clients
- You find inspiration all around you– often from unexpected places
- You are interested in pushing your skills forward and are open to exploring new techniques and mediums
- You care about accessibility, responsive design, and best practices for web design
- You are excited to work with a small team of designers, strategists, and developers
- You have 1-3 years professional experience and formal training in design
- You have experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools like InVision or Marvel
- You have photography chops for both studio and culture shoots.
- You can make video vignette snippets
- You have basic motion graphic skills for animations, gifs and vignettes.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A brief introduction to yourself
- A link to your resume and portfolio
- A link to your Instagram, Twitter, Dribbble, and other social profiles
- Approximate date you are available to start
- Salary requirements
- Why you want to work at Bright Bright Great
This position is contract to hire, with an initial contract of 6 months.
Update 2017 8/1 This position has been filled.