Bright Bright Great is Looking For A Senior Front-End Developer
Front-End Developer with Basic Back-End Knowledge
BBG is looking for a passionate, multidisciplinary front-end developer with a focus on user experience and usability to join our team. The ideal candidate has high fluency in front-end and UX-related technology and some fluency in our back-end tech stack.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining and improving front-end code bases across a variety of client websites, and identifying where portions of them can be abstracted into reusable components
- Collaborating with designers to create engaging and delightful digital solutions that meet client and user needs
- Communicating with clients throughout the entire project, from kickoff through launch
- Contributing to our team culture through code reviews, contributing ideas, improving processes, and giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Directly collaborating with clients throughout the project lifecycle, including presenting and pitching work
At least four years of experience as a front-end developer.
Team-lead fluency in the following technologies:
- HTML, semantic markup, and ARIA roles
- CSS and CSS preprocessors (we use SASS with the SCSS syntax)
Fluency in asset packaging/optimization tools such as:
- Fluency in implementing analytics solutions such as:
- Google Tag Manager, Search Console and Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel
Competency in performing basic tasks with our underlying tech stack:
- Understanding of OpenGraph Metadata and debugging issues with social media sharing
- Experience with Git and code review
- Baseline understanding of SEO
- Strong soft skills to support healthy client communication
The Rest of the Stack:
This is what BBG utilizes for the rest of our technology stack, so please let us know if you have experience with any of the following:
- Carbon Fields*
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Ninja Forms*
- Gravity Forms
BBG is constantly evolving and changing, and the sites we have built for clients reflect a wide array of technologies and processes depending on when they were built. While all of these can be found in many of those builds, including sites you will actively work on at BBG as part of our ongoing relationships with past clients, technologies or processes that we have phased out of current/new builds are flagged with an asterisk (*).
Additionally, we commonly field requests from clients to build integrations against other services they use in the course of their business, so let us know if you have any experience working with any of the following:
- Custom social media API integrations (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
The ideal candidate is:
- Detail oriented
- A problem solver
- Over communicative
- Passionate and motivated to learn
- Works well both in a team and independently
- Able to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Works well in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
As a small, agile company, we expect our developers to jump in and take an assertive role, sometimes as a technical lead, always supporting our team’s needs. You’ll be involved from estimation, through launch and support, always assisting with client communication. You’ll build some really cool stuff, further your skills, and learn some new ones… with our amazing team.
About Bright Bright Great
Bright Bright Great is a strategic digital brand agency founded in 2007.
We create world-class brands and meaningful, inclusive experiences that delight, engage, and deliver value to all users. We’ve partnered with clients large and small across education, finance, retail, fashion, food and beverage, and travel.
As of 2020, Bright Bright Great is entirely remote, with a physical HQ in Chicago. Talented applicants from all locations are encouraged to apply.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K savings plan
- Paid time off
- Bonus time off with tenure, goals and milestones
- Company life insurance plan
- Short-term disability insurance
How to apply
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com.
- A brief introduction to yourself
- Your resume
- Your portfolio URL with at least 5 sample projects breaking down your role within each project and other team members involved in the project.
- Link to your GitHub
We’re a diverse team that enjoys working together. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No recruiters. BBG is an equal opportunity employer.