Development Apprenticeship Applications Now Open (Summer 2018)
Applications Due By: June 4th, 2018
Apprentice to Start: July 2018
We’re looking to provide a working education to an entry-level Front-End Developer who’s passionate about interfaces, user-friendly interactions AND clean, bug free code.
You’ll be working closely with our design team, development team, and clients to solve problems and create effective solutions to meet both user experience and business goals.
This is a 9 month paid Apprenticeship in our Chicago office with evaluation for hire/extension.
- Basic understanding of control flow and conditional logic
- Basic experience with at least one server-side language (PHP, Python, Ruby, Node.js, etc)
Things You Will Learn About:
- WordPress, PHP
- Proper HTML & CSS standards and tools
- Interaction Design
- Responsive Email Development
- Fixing Bugs
- APIs and Integration
- Working with designers and developers
- Working with clients
- UX Development
- Working with a small team to grow your skills
- Walking clients through identifying helpful debugging information
- Working within existing codebase
- Planning out a content management strategy for complex content-heavy sites
- Using apps such as Slack, Asana, Sketch, Google Apps, Hangouts, etc.
- Organization and time management to hit deadlines
- Discussion around process, strategy, and the story behind coding decisions
Additional Skills You May Learn:
Personality Traits That Are Important To Us:
- Clear Communicator
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
BBG is a close-knit team of designers, developers and strategists who genuinely enjoy our time working together. We value diversity and empower all employees to have an active role in steering our team forward. We take our snacks and beverages seriously–we’re known for our summer happy hour parties, and we always have La Croix, Coke Zero, and cocktail/mocktail ingredients within reach.
Our office is dog-friendly as well as human-friendly!
How to Apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Subject line: 2018 Front-end Development Apprenticeship
- A brief introduction to yourself, highlighting relevant work experience
- Why you are interested in this role at BBG
- A link to your online portfolio
- A link to your Twitter, GitHub, Codepen, and other social profiles.