Bright Bright Great Is Looking For A Front-End Development Apprentice (WordPress, Front-End Development & UX)
Applications Due By: 5/15
Apprentice to Start: 6/1, or ASAP
We’re looking to groom and educate a beginner Front-End Developer who’s passionate about interfaces, user-friendly interactions AND clean, bug free code. You’ll be working closely with our design team, development team, and clients to solve problems and create effective solutions to meet both user experience and business goals.
This is a 6 month paid Apprenticeship in our Chicago office with evaluation for hire/extension.
Things You Will Learn About:
- Proper HTML & CSS standards and tools
- Interaction Design
- Responsive Email Development
- Fixing Bugs
- APIs and Integration
- Working with designers and developers
- Working with clients
- UX Development
- Working with a small team to grow your skills
- Walking clients through identifying helpful debugging information
- Working within existing codebase
- Planning out a content management strategy for complex content-heavy sites
- Using apps such as Slack, Trello, Basecamp, Google Apps, Hangouts, etc.
- Organization and time management to hit deadlines
- Discussion around process, strategy, and the story behind coding decisions
Additional Skills You Will Learn:
Personality Traits That Are Important To Us:
- Clear Communicator
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
Wonder what it’s like to work at BBG?
How To Apply:
To apply, please send a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention Jason Schwartz. Please note in the subject line that you are applying to the BBG/Dev 2017 Apprenticeship.
We will only respond to those who we are interested in pursuing the conversation with.
* BBG is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
** NO RECRUITERS